Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newest update (29/08/2017)
Hi everyone.
The time has come for this big update to finally be born. Actually we planned to release it at 21 march, but different things got in the way, and later we decided to add more features. Maybe it is even good, because now this update is a lot bigger and better than was planned. Sadly, it is probably the last version supporting IE 4(if anyone is still using it!). But anyway, you can find a lot of new stuff. Here is the short list:

Added:
- Tables with additional information about Creatures, Miracles, Leashes, Tribes, Buildings and Trees
- Small fixes and new features on the site
- New version (0.51) of BaW Graphics Mod Manager (Small fixes, FullScreen windowed mode and a way to set the window size)
- Official script files taken from B&W for Mac
- Original info.dat files in Files/Missing Files part
- Two new articles: info.dat secrets and ZSpellFiles
- Some new Mods available on the forum
- Pictures of the websites on the Links page

That is not all. One of the most important new things may be added separately soon.
How is it about CreatureIsle?
Do you want to release Official Script files and Info*.txt files for CI too?
And do you have to the old.led file (used as Landscape in some of the developer maps, like comp.txt).

And did you know, how I can fix the problems with AVI sequences in CreatureIsle? There they didn't work.
Checked one of the Mac versions of CI and there were no such files, no old.led too. Maybe they are present on some other release of the game, but not on the one that I have.
Sadly, not sure how to help you with your problem.
Meh, ok! Sad
I hope, that there is a way, because I like to make a big story together (BW + CI + Genesismod) with the extras, like the Multipikup avaiable in BW too... (after fixing the AVI sequences).

Which different releases of Creature Isle exists? More than two perhaps?

Or perhaps its possible, to extract the informations from a info.dat file (like the buildings) into separate info#.txt files with a tool and perhaps a enum list?
I know that there are Black & White Creature Isle and Black & White Platinum Pack. I checked only the first one, not sure if Platinum Pack has other version of CI with more info and files.
Yes, it is possible to extract the information from info.dat, that is how I got some information for the tables on the website (did you even check them?) Smile
But we are not planning to get more in the near future, it is hard work and it is not a priority.
Hm, ok, but thx!^^
I like to try to extract (for CI) the informations self.
But Perhaps some help, how I can do it easily are good^^

Because I want to add own objects into CI, like the epic buidings from BW2, but before I do this, I have to add the original datas for CI into these files.
Thanks for reminding about this thread in private message Smile I already forgot that I wanted to answer here.
Well, you need to use XVI32, then open info.dat with it... First 40 bytes are the line "LiOnHeAdInFo", next 4 are about the remaining file size. After that start actual tables without any description. They are in chaotical order and it is very hard to understand where is what. Then you open info#.txt files and start searching and comparing... It is a very annoying and long work. It may be even wise to make some program that would automate this process in some way (with conversion to text variant, of course).
If you find some word in the info.dat file (for example, "Engineer"), you can activate search in all info#.txt files to find that table there. Then use this word in info.dat as anchor to change info that is close to it (using the text variant of table as help).
Also, in CI the tables can have additional columns and rows, need to remember that.
Hope this helps.
(09-04-2017, 18:36)Lant Wrote: Thanks for reminding about this thread in private message Smile I already forgot that I wanted to answer here.
Well, you need to use XVI32, then open info.dat with it... First 40 bytes are the line "LiOnHeAdInFo", next 4 are about the remaining file size. After that start actual tables without any description. They are in chaotical order and it is very hard to understand where is what. Then you open info#.txt files and start searching and comparing... It is a very annoying and long work. It may be even wise to make some program that would automate this process in some way (with conversion to text variant, of course).
If you find some word in the info.dat file (for example, "Engineer"), you can activate search in all info#.txt files to find that table there. Then use this word in info.dat as anchor to change info that is close to it (using the text variant of table as help).
Also, in CI the tables can have additional columns and rows, need to remember that.
Hope this helps.

Yes, thx. I am trying, to write a little Programm to read the informations and write it into a text file.