Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolution + Graphics mod manager
Hey, played Black and White when I was a kid loved this game, decided I'll do another playthrough of it decades later

I have installed/uninstalled everything a few times trying to follow all the correct installation steps, and I've seem to finally be in a place where the game launches fine. But I'm having a few issues

Resolution - When I play on my monitor, my resolution 1680x works fine, however when I switch my monitor output to my 60" plasma TV the resolution gets stretched way off the screen if I try to do anything higher then 1024x768 seems to be the only resolution that will actually keep everything on the screen. I've tried basically every resolution fix I could think of, TV itself, nivdia resolution settings for my GPU, windowed mode, regeditor which does work at changing resolution, but it still just stretches it off the screen.

I wanted to  try using the baw graphics mod manager, I'm not great at code, but I read the instructions - my game is on v1.3 using the no cd crack like in the guide, so my game works fine on 1024x768 resolution on my TV, but whenever I add the Mods folder and ddraw.dll to my black and white game folder, my runblack.exe refuses to open the game while those folders are inside my game folder, and the moment I remove them, my game launches fine. The exception to this is I can launch the game with the mods folder with the runblackprepatch.exe, but whenever I add LoadMod('Green Fire - Lant'); as an example to any Main text document even my runblackprepatch.exe refuses to launch the game.

I feel like my last chance to get a resolution beyond 1024x768 without stretching it off my TV screen, is using this graphics mod manager, but I can't get it to work to try it. But I am still open to other ideas of how to not get it to stretch off my screen, it's not like I have to get this mod manager to work, I just would like to play the game on a higher resolution, my monitor works but its kind of out of the question since I have a neck injury, I need to play it on my TV where I use a controller (I am fine using controller and editing bindings and using joystick as mouse)
Sorry to hear that it doesn't run properly. Can you make screenshots to show how the problem looks like?
You can try to use "SetFullScreenWindowed(FW_FIT);" for the BaW Graphics Mod Manager. Also, there is https://github.com/UCyborg/LegacyD3DReso...k/releases