Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BaW Patch 2.0 No main game Files found!
Hi,

haven't played BaW for a few years but then i found your guide about how to save a game in multiplayer and was eager to try it with my friend.

I followed your installation guide step by step, but everytime i start the BaW patch 2.0 it says "no main game files found" press enter to exit.

i tried BaW patch 1.0 too with the same result.

Help is very appreciated  Smile
Hi!
That problem is really easy to help with Smile Simply put the patch file in the game folder where the .exe file is. Make sure it is a crack.
And then try again Wink Good luck and write if you will need any other help.
(12-26-2017, 19:41)Lant Wrote: Hi!
That problem is really easy to help with Smile Simply put the patch file in the game folder where the .exe file is. Make sure it is a crack.
And then try again Wink Good luck and write if you will need any other help.

First: thx for the answer.

But it doesn't seem to work for me. I have that BaW_Patch_2.exe file in the same folder where a cracked version of runblack.exe is (crack exe is from piratebay).
Also tried it in the CreatureIsle Folder but i have the same error in both cases.
The patch looks for files with specific names: runblack.exe and CreatureIsle.exe. Check if you renamed them.
The patch needs to be together with any of these files in one folder. If the name is correct and place too, try to put crack and patch in some different folder and use the patch there.
I guess it has something to do with the fact that i got the game from thepiratebay (can't find the original CD anymore) and its in ISO format maybe that is the reason. I double checked but the names of the exes are right and i also tried to make a folder where only the patchfile and the exe are contained but still the same error message.
I guess i search again for original CD lol.
The error "No main game files found." should not appear even if the runblack.exe is a totally empty file. It checks only for the name. So it is not important if the game is original or even installed. You can even create an empty text file, rename it to "runblack.exe", and the patch would still see it, if it is in the same folder. You probably are doing something wrong Smile
Can you make a screenshot of a folder where both patch and crack are?
See attached picture Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Really weird. And the path to the file is a bit different in your folder (there is german "Programme (x86)") and in path of the patch (there is "Program Files (x86)")...
Anyway. I patched the files for you. Just put them in the game folder and use there. There are 2 folders, in one are the fully patched .exe files, in another everything is patched, but the add-ons are broken. You can use this to save in multiplayer (if you have broken add-ons and your friend has fixed ones).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jDy77-...pVIkq6waNp
WoW what a service. Wink
Thank you very much. I already downloaded the files. I will test it with my friend and will give feedback