Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with the b&w Graphics Manager
I want to say, that sometime, when I want to use the B&W Graphics Manager in CI, the game crashes after running, or sometimes have big graphic glitches.

And in B&W the game crashes instantly, when I try to use the B&W G.M.

But a good point: The EnableAlignInfoTest(1) Command works fine!!!! Very good work!^^ Big Grin
Hi
Well, I know that crashes may happen. When exactly do they happen? When you minimize the game? And did you try SetFullScreenWindowed? I already asked you two times about it. It really may help. I need to know!
Anyway, the work is going. The new version is probably going to be a lot more stable, just like EnableAlignInfoTest. Currently it is our priority. It is good that EnableAlignInfoTest works fine, that means that other stuff in the new version of Manager will do it too.
By the way, what did you mean by "sometime, when I want to use the B&W Graphics Manager in b&w, the game crashes" and then "And in B&W the game crashes instantly"? Did you mean CI by one of them?
I can't test the SetFullScreenWindowed bedcause b&w crashes with the B&W Graphics Manager. In CI I can't test it, because I changed the exe file for instant windowed mode.

Quote:By the way, what did you mean by "sometime, when I want to use the B&W Graphics Manager in b&w, the game crashes" and then "And in B&W the game crashes instantly"? Did you mean CI by one of them?
I changed my posting, it was a mistaker from me. With the first I mean CI.

BTW, the EnableAlignInfoTest works fine, but only can show the symbol of player one.
I am using version 1.30, did not test in other versions. What version are you using? By the way, you still did not answer when the crash exactly happens in CI. When you launch it? When you minimize it? When you open the menu or sacrifice a sheep?
And the problem with EnableAlignInfoTest, does it not show only the symbols of other players, or numbers too?
(11-05-2017, 19:55)Lant Wrote: I am using version 1.30, did not test in other versions. What version are you using? By the way, you still did not answer when the crash exactly happens in CI. When you launch it? When you minimize it? When you open the menu or sacrifice a sheep?
And the problem with EnableAlignInfoTest, does it not show only the symbols of other players, or numbers too?

At The start of the game. And the EnableAlignInfoTest didn't show symbols and numbers.
Well, thanks for helping with finding one of the bugs. The problem with BaW Graphics Mod Manager in CI is that it searches \Data\Textures of the MAIN game even if CI is launched. As temporary solution, you can copy PlayersSymbols.raw and PlayersSymbolsa.raw from \CreatureIsle\Data\Textures to \Data\Textures. No need to even restart the game, Manager would notice this change immediately.
By the way, there is no problem with numbers. Only symbols.

About crashes: I would gladly try to help, if I would get enough information, but you do not even answer all of my questions. What version are you using? And at the beginning you wrote that it sometimes crashes and sometimes has graphical glitches. Now you said that it crashes at the start of the game. When do the glitches happen then? When there is no crash, but also from the start of the game? Also, how the EnableAlignInfoTest can work if you have such bad problems? Could you make some screenshots?
My B&W Version is 1.30.

When I start CI, sometime it works, but sometimes the game crashes at the start and sometime most of the textures doesn't load right, I take a screenshoot og this glitch.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A bit weird that 1.30 does not work normally for you, it works for me. Can you give me the exact size of runblack.exe?
This problem reminds me of this thread: http://bawsite.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2
Looks like Padster had the same problem. He also wrote that he has radeon video card. Similar problem was on my old PC with windows 98, also with radeon... It may be the reason. Because my main PC has NVIDIA video card and everything works fine there.
I have an NVIDIA video card. Hmmm, do you have an idea?

Size of runblack: 9.191.424 Bytes
Hm... File size is correct.
Which resolution do you have? Non-standard resolution can cause problems when used together with full screen. If windowed mode is working in CI, you can try it in Black & White too. Worth a try.
Also, try to launch the game without ddraw.dll. Or without Mods directory (simply rename it).
It can also be possible that you damaged runblack.exe, you can try to launch with a fresh crack.
By the way, do you get any errors when the game crashes, or it simply closes?